Thursday 15 October 2009
















Yes! I have stumbled over a brilliant idea, I was randomly looking over this website Booooooomed.com and came across this blog by Micheal Crowe and Lenka "Mysterious Letters". They apparently posted over 460 individual hand written letters to these people in a village, Just for fun, each with a unique message, most completely random, but still making headline news on the BBC. I thought to myself "hey i could use this idea". I was thinking of using this concept and make letters for my personal use, mapping out Camberwell (S.E.5) with each letter representing a house,cafe, object etc that had interested me in my walk around the place.

I could then fold up the letters into shapes of the buildings/objects. (I may need to research folding as origami is not my fortai I 'll try it out and see how it goes. I could use different materials instead of just plain paper.. graph, pattern, postcards, post it notes, tracing paper, card etc...

http://www.booooooom.com/2009/08/19/mysterious-letters-by-michael-crowe-and-lenka-clayton/

Right, i have officially started on my map.. well wrote something on it, like ideas and research. :)
this first official solo project is all about mapping, especially the mapping of Camberwell, " A visual representation of a place and its dynamics on a plane surface by means of linkage".. I've brainstormed a few ideas. one i need a sunny day for, fingers crossed for thursday!!

My ideas are leading to the more communal aspect of Camberwell, not how or where people sociallize but how many people walk and go to places. S.E.5 is our boundry, so not too much work however we do have this enourmous A0 sheet of paper to fill up, so no pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment